A retro-chic Hollywood Boutique Hotel
Time has only improved this iconic Hollywood boutique hotel in the heart of LA. In 1970, legendary Hollywood actress Beverly Garland, and her husband Fillmore Crank, discovered this bucolic seven-acre property and knew they wanted to create a hideaway for friends, family and guests. Together with Las Vegas hotel impresario, John Kell Houssels Jr., they decided to build one of the most stunning hotels in North Hollywood, which would serve as an oasis within the high-energy excitement of Los Angeles.
Who owns the Garland?
In 2000, the Beverly Garland hotel was handed down to their son James, whose unpretentious, sophisticated style influenced the expansion of the hotel into a true resort. Chic, relaxed and centrally located, guests here are close to Hollywood landmarks, popular attractions and world-renowned business epicenters, all while being ensconced within the urban paradise the Garland family created. Today, The Garland has been re-imagined and renovated with a hip new restaurant, cool décor, manicured outdoor parks, and fresh ideas. Check in and check out one of the most glamorous hotels near Universal Studios Hollywood.
Getting to The Garland
Discover one of the best hollywood hotels
The Garland is conveniently located within driving distance of two major airports: Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR). A number of various shuttle options are available for drop-off at the hotel and can be booked through our concierge at The Store. Vehicles are also available for rental from both major airports and can also be arranged through our concierge.
Don’t want to navigate the city in your own car? You can hire a chauffeur-driven sedan or SUV to take you to and from the airport or wherever you want to go. Take a look at the popular destinations serviced below. All rates below are inclusive and starting base rates.
A & G Transportation Services
LAX - 7am-Midnight
Sedan - $120
SUV - $170
LAX - After hours
Sedan - $135
SUV - $185
Disneyland - 7am-Midnight
Sedan - $215
SUV - $265
Disneyland - After hours
Sedan - $230
SUV - $280
Downtown (Staples Center) - 7am-Midnight
Sedan - $135
SUV - $185
Downtown (Staples Center) - After hours
Sedan - $135
SUV - $185
Services listed above are for drop off starting rates only unless an advanced booking is arranged for pick-up. Pricing is subject to change.
View full gallery
At The Garland we’ve implemented several programs that help make our hotel, restaurants and Earth a better place. So whether you’re staying or dining with us, rest assured we are doing everything we can to create a sustainable experience.
- We've recently partnered with PressReader which provides our guests with complimentary access to thousands of digital newspapers and magazines from around the world.
- We've recently partnered with PrintReleaf, a software platform that empowers businesses to sustain and grow our global forestry system. Through integration and software application, PrintReleaf accurately measures a customer's paper consumption then makes it actionable. Customers have the opportunity to select where to reforest their consumption through a network of global reforestation projects.
- We are certified TripAdvisor GreenLeaders – Silver Level.
- Every Earth Day, we host a clothing drive where we donate all proceeds to San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission.
- Our landscaping features drought resistant and native region flora.
- The hotel lighting is 90% LED which conserves up to 20% more energy than traditional florescent lighting.
- Housekeeping uses nontoxic cleaning supplies.
- Our in-room toiletries, LATHER, are locally produced, use sustainable practices and are 100% biodegradable.
- We incorporate organic and fair trade food and beverage whenever possible.
- We have an on-site vegetable and herb garden, where we harvest cilantro, radishes, lettuce and other greens to be in used in our culinary dishes. If we have extra harvest, the food items are donated to local charities.
- To conserve water consumption at The Front Yard, water is provided to guests upon request.
And that’s just a small sampling of the green initiatives at The Garland. We are continuously doing our part to make Earth a better place for generations to come.
About our $1.75 per room per night Environmental Sustainability Fee: The Garland was built in in 1972, and although we’ve had a facelift or two since then, the world has changed a lot in terms of energy efficiency and sustainability. New mandates to the City of Los Angeles, via the energy efficiency ordinance #184674 as well as the commitment of ownership to the implementation of green initiatives, have led us to reassess the environmental impact of The Garland and begin to make significant changes. 100% of this small fee is used toward sustainability causes and updates. This fee is a small contribution to the large costs associated with updating a property of this age. Some of these projects include: a robust solar power system reducing energy consumption by 40%, smart thermostats and occupancy sensors in every room, LED lighting across property, and replacement of HVAC systems for increased efficiency.